No major news to report at the moment, so here’s a run-down of the top ten bits and pieces not worth whole blog entries to themselves.
- I have a bluebottle infestation in the flat. I am spending the evening with the windows open, looking for any piles of manure or rotting corpses I may have absent-mindedly left lying around.
- The new Sigur Ros album arrived today. It’s very good. A little bit of a departure from their previous offerings, however, so I might take a few listens before reach any firm conclusions. Incidentally, the latest edition of Q which I read in Loch Ossian Youth Hostel (of all places) has a hilarious article about the band.
- I was in Dundee yesterday for work.
- Work takes me to Glasgow tomorrow and Edinburgh the day after. Here’s hoping the bluebottles don’t take over, horror film style, in the two days I am away. Anyone at a loose end in Glasgow around 3 or Edinburgh around 8 tomorrow?
- I recently booked flights to the USA for September’s mullet-hunting expedition. Justin is coming too. I must blog all the latest mullet news soon. Nag me if I don’t.
- I’m taking a holiday from Couchsurfing this month. I’ve had some amazing people to stay the past couple of months, but I think I will appreciate a bit of peace and quiet in the flat for a while. Bluebottles excepted.
- Thanks to one of my recent couchsurfers, I have discovered and been thrilled by the spectacular Mogwai-esque American band Explosions in the Sky.
- I am looking forward to August, when my work contract becomes permanent and I start working a four day week.
- I turn 30 in just over three weeks. Gulp. The Stenna stairlift is on order.
- I’ve taken a few ok-ish pictures around Inverness in the last few days. One is above.
How are you?